3
A little bit of a background on How:
My father is a pilot for an American airline (not the actual airline,) which gives me the opportunity until I'm 23 to travel the world, essentially free, with standby passes. I have a new camera, a netbook, the funds, and the free time to travel, so I'm going to.
Places I want to visit internationally:
-China
-Japan
-India
-Australia
-U.K.
-France
-Italy
Places I want to visit domestically:
-NYC
-Boston
-San Fransisco
-L.A.
-Chicago
-New Orleans
-Atlanta
-Seattle
-Hawaii
My goals for this blog are:
1) I want to write about something other than politics and school-related subjects. 2) I want my family and friends to know where I am. With standby flying, plans my change last minute. 3) I want to remember my experiences well enough to translate them into a book of some sort.
This Summer:
Already for this summer I have a few plans falling into place. The first week of July, I will be visiting a dear friend of mine in China for a few weeks. China is definitely not a place I thought I would ever visit, at least for now, but it's happening. It's a huge opportunity for me to be able to go, so I'm taking it!
My other plans will involve a little more standby drama. Next week, I'm thinking about just getting on an airplane and heading to NYC for a few days. This will be my first shot at traveling on a long trip alone-- not including my Mexico trips. If I do end up in NYC, I will most likely be doing the hostel thing just to see what it's like. I'm nervous, but I think it'll turn out fine. In NYC, I will visit the Natural History Museum, do the NYC Duck Boat Tour, maybe go see a show on Broadway, hangout in China own, and go to the Empire State Building. I'm pretty sure I can pack most of that into one trip... maybe?
No comments:
Post a Comment